Thursday, October 16, 2008

*We're Engaged*




Thanksgiving weekend 2008 was one of the busiest we have had - and also one of the most special.

On Sunday (october 12.08) we went to the fair as a family with my parents, and Steve's Dad. It was a great day and we had lots of fun.

The plans after were to go back to my parents house for dinner. I was so thirsty from walking around for hours - and not to mention stopping at the fry stand - that I needed a drink. Not a big deal seeing as I always grab one the minute I get to my parents house....well funny thing was they asked what I was doing (getting an ice cube from the freezer)

We sit down to eat, and my mom gets everyone a drink. She takes my mug (which was black) and refills it for me. I have B on my lap feeding her so I really didn't pay much attention.

About half way through supper, Steve looks at me and is like "Are you thirsty?..You've hardly had anything to drink all day". I said no bc I had just had a lot to drink when we got home, but then him and my mom started looking funny at me...so I reached for the glass...and looked down.... and there was a ring in my ice cube!!!!!!! (*Now I did know what the ring looked like bc a couple weeks back we had been out to pick what I liked and had my finger sized. I knew it was coming, just didn't know when/how)

They switched it to the original glass that was in the plan - which was clear!! And - the funny part was made me sit for over and hour to watch it melt!!!!

Needless to say, it was a great idea and ....of course I said yes!!! :-)

No comments: