Tuesday, August 5, 2008

*The Beginnings Of My Gardens*




So when Steve and I bought this house...there was no attempt at a front Garden with the previous owners. It was pretty much just a mound of ugly grass and dirt..complete with wild and crazy trees that no one seemed to care about.

We thought that putting in some flowers would clean up the front a bit, and also add some character. This is my first experience with an actual flower garden, (I've had the odd plant when I lived at my student houses, and of course my mom has always had gardens) and so far I think it is turning out nice. Of course, there is a lot of work that still needs done, but because its already August, most of the flowers won't be back until next year. Still, I wanted to get it started so that I'll be able to prepare it in the fall.

No comments: