Thursday, September 15, 2011

*The First Day*

Tuesday was Breanna's first *official* day of Jk. When we went to drop her off, her teacher put this in my hand. I didn't read it till I was on the way home (tears streaming down my face) 
I thought it was cute, and wanted to share :)
The First DAY

I gave you a little smile
As you dropped off your child today
For I know how hard it is to leave
And know your child must stay.
You've been with her for several years now
And have been her loving guide
But now, alas, the time has come
to leave her at my side
Just know that as you walk away
And tears down your cheek may flow
I'll love her as I would my own
And help her to learn and grow.
For as a parent, I too know
how quickly the years do pass
And I remember the day it was my turn
to take my child to class.
So please put your mind at ease
and cry those tears no more
For I will love her and take her in
When you leave her at my door.

 

1 comment:

Heather said...

Okay, now I am crying too....she sounds like an amazing teacher.