Sunday, July 20, 2008



Breanna and I went for a walk on Friday night to the water, not sure what we would find. It was an overcast day so I didn't expect to find much. But, to my suprise we saw the blue heron. He lives at the river, but we rarely get to see him. This is the 2nd time that we have gotten a great glimpse of him. I think the trick is going out when the sun is behind the clouds, he seems to come to the same spot looking for fish. Breanna and I watched him for about 20 minutes trying to get some dinner for himself...and it was neat to watch because you could see him(I guess I should be saying him/her because its hard to distinguish between the males and females) watching in the water for fish to swim by and grab. We saw 2 fish being caught and eaten which was really cool!

I love these birds, and it reminds me of the memories from our cottage when we had one that lived on our lake. Most mornings you would see it standing either in the weeds just to the right of our cottage, or walking along the dock.

No comments: